Halloween in Barcelona
Celebrate Hallowen night in Barcelona
October 31st arrives, the horror costumes and the chestnuts just out of the oven ! We end the month with a list of the funniest plans to celebrate the scariest night of the year. Do you know how you are going to celebrate Halloween and Chestnuts in Barcelona?
Enjoy the most terrifying plans of Hallowen night
You know how you're gonna spend the scariest night of the year? Barcelona offers Halloween celebrations for all tastes. Enjoy a night of terror in Barcelona with a getaway to an amusement park, special Halloween concerts, a night tour of the city or a horror movie session. Choose your favorite plan!
- HALLOWEEN PARTIES: Enjoy the most terrifying night of the year in Barcelona by attending a special Hallowen concert. Razzmataz, Sala Bikini, Opium, Pacha ... You have a lot to choose from!
- TERROR FILM: For those who love cinema and films that don't let you sleep, the billboard accompanies us on October 31st with a special halloween session in Barcelona. Enjoy the Terror Cinema Marathon in Phenomena cinemas or the Impro Horror Show in Verdi cinemas.
- TERROR ROUTE IN BARCELONA Would you like to know the mysterious stories hidden in the city of Barcelona? On October 31st you have the opportunity to discover them on a ghostly route through the city of Barcelona. A route guided by an expert who will tell you everything that happened in the streets of the city of Barcelona, while you walk on the most terrifying night of the year.
- ESCAPE ROOM If you are one of those who are not afraid of anything, dare to play in the Escape Room Horror Box in Barcelona.
- THEMATIC RESTAURANTS If you feel like dining surrounded by an atmosphere of terror and mystery, choose a restaurant that celebrates Halloween in style. It will be fun to see the different proposals offered by the restaurants and bars of the city. You can go in disguise!
- THEME PARK
Discover the tradition of the Chestnut in first person
On All Saints' Day in Catalonia is celebrated the Castañada, a popular festival that brings together family and friends to enjoy the food, panellets, sweet potatoes and chestnuts. The Chestnut has its origin in the pagan rites that coincided with the collection of the chestnut. In gratitude for the abundance of this fruit in their harvest, they celebrated with a banquet of muffins, the current panellets, and nuts. Attendees cooked chestnuts at the stake while praying for those who were gone. The evening of October 31st became an emotional gathering in honor of the deceased. The best-known symbol is the Castañera, an old woman dressed in an apron selling chestnuts fresh from the fire. Nowadays the Chestnut mixes with the Halloween tradition in which besides honoring those who are no longer there, eating chestnuts, sweet potatoes and panellets, along with family, friends and relatives, also takes place terror, costumes and the most mysterious environments.